If you are joining London Family Farm Day on August 17, 2014, here are some tips that can help you and your family make the most out of this enjoyable event.
- Pony Rides – The usually long queue for the Pony Rides in past years tells you this is the most popular activity for kids. The future equestrians should start early to save some waiting time.
- Petting Zoo – Meet the London Family Farm Day Ambassadors in the Petting Zoo. Let the kids experience a bit of the farm life by feeding and interacting with these little farm animals.
- Nylon Zoo – Look for the huge inflated Salmon. Kids can entertain themselves and the audience while playing an animal character in this costumes parade and interactive storytelling activity.
- Face Painting – “First thing to do” if the kids are going to join the Nylon Zoo costumes parade and dance or just wanted to put on a fun look throughout the London Family Farm Day.
- Butter Making – It’s almost magical to see how milk can be turned into butter in this simple old fashioned way. Taste or bring home some of your own homemade butter.
- Yarn Spinning – Watch how the wooden spinning wheel is used to create yarn from wool in the olden days. Maybe you can try to spin some yarn yourself.
- Kids Woodwork – Kids can learn how to create a bird house or crate pencil holder with hammer, glue, wood and paints. Be proud to take home their own craft, a certificate and an apron.
- Organic Produce Sale – Shop at the miniature farm market for fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers all from our own Allotment Gardens.
- High Tea at Tea Room – Enjoy this “English Tradition” with the London Lady Tea, scone and other goodies served in fine bone China and silverware. Reservation in advance is recommended.
- Walk the Heritage Garden – Take a break and walk leisurely or recline on the benches along the path to enjoy the beauty and fragrance dispersed by the seasonal flowers and herbs.
Share this news with friends by clicking on any of the share buttons (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) above or below and download the Coupon for a FREE Freezie. Present the printed coupon or just show the image saved in your cellphone at the Concession Booth to receive your FREE Freezie.