There was a big turn-out on London Family Farm Day on Sunday, August 17, 2014 at London Heritage Farm. Thanks to the great weather, over 1,500 people have participated in this summer event packed with fun-filled and interesting activities for kids and families. Here are the snapshots of the day!
You, your family and friends are all invited to join this annual event that is packed with fun-filled and interesting activities. Things inherited and ways of life in the olden days at London Heritage Farm are highlighted in this year’s program. Opening time is 10:00 am and admission at gate is $2 for Adult and FREE for Kids under 12.
Activities include Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Nylon Zoo, Stories on Wheels, Butter Making, Yarn Spinning, Face Painting, Kids Woodwork, Organic Produce and Plant Sale, Concession and Homemade Bake Sale, Live Music and more. Many of these activities are free of charge.
Share this news with friends by clicking on any of the share buttons (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) below and download the Coupon for 1 FREE Freezie. Present the printed coupon or just show the image saved in your cellphone at the Concession Booth to receive your FREE Freezie.
Parking space is limited around London Heritage Farm and taking public transport to the event is recommended. To promote cycling and environmental friendly access to London Family Farm Day, we are giving free admission to cyclists! Make sure to bike to the London Family Farm Day this year for a great exercise and free admission!
Take the bikes through the cycling routes in the City of Richmond and you can easily find your way to the event. If you want to be sure on your direction, click here to download the City of Richmond’s Cycling Routes Map or use the Google Map widget on the sidebar to find the cycling routes.
We wish all of you have a wonderful time on London Family Farm Day!
If you are joining London Family Farm Day on August 17, 2014, here are some tips that can help you and your family make the most out of this enjoyable event.
- Pony Rides – The usually long queue for the Pony Rides in past years tells you this is the most popular activity for kids. The future equestrians should start early to save some waiting time.
- Petting Zoo – Meet the London Family Farm Day Ambassadors in the Petting Zoo. Let the kids experience a bit of the farm life by feeding and interacting with these little farm animals.
- Nylon Zoo – Look for the huge inflated Salmon. Kids can entertain themselves and the audience while playing an animal character in this costumes parade and interactive storytelling activity.
- Face Painting – “First thing to do” if the kids are going to join the Nylon Zoo costumes parade and dance or just wanted to put on a fun look throughout the London Family Farm Day.
- Butter Making – It’s almost magical to see how milk can be turned into butter in this simple old fashioned way. Taste or bring home some of your own homemade butter.
- Yarn Spinning – Watch how the wooden spinning wheel is used to create yarn from wool in the olden days. Maybe you can try to spin some yarn yourself.
- Kids Woodwork – Kids can learn how to create a bird house or crate pencil holder with hammer, glue, wood and paints. Be proud to take home their own craft, a certificate and an apron.
- Organic Produce Sale – Shop at the miniature farm market for fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers all from our own Allotment Gardens.
- High Tea at Tea Room – Enjoy this “English Tradition” with the London Lady Tea, scone and other goodies served in fine bone China and silverware. Reservation in advance is recommended.
- Walk the Heritage Garden – Take a break and walk leisurely or recline on the benches along the path to enjoy the beauty and fragrance dispersed by the seasonal flowers and herbs.
Share this news with friends by clicking on any of the share buttons (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) above or below and download the Coupon for a FREE Freezie. Present the printed coupon or just show the image saved in your cellphone at the Concession Booth to receive your FREE Freezie.
We had a little harvest of sweet and juicy blackberries from our own crop at London Heritage Farm and they are just ripe in time for the Berry Tea this weekend August 2nd and 3rd at the Tea Room from noon to 5 pm. Come out and enjoy a full tea served with home-made scone and berry jam plus other goodies and maybe some freshly picked blackberries (while stock last) on cream. Call for reservation is recommended.
In about 4 weeks time, London Family Farm Day 2014 will be open to the public at London Heritage Farm on Sunday August 17, 2014. This major summer family event will be packed with fun-filled and interesting activities organized for kids and members of the attending families.
While many activities are still at the organizing or finalizing stage, we would like to share with you a preview of the activities in the event program as well as some important information and updates in a news blog - London Family Farm Day 2014 [click here to follow] specially created for this event.
As you follow us on the special news blog, we hope you can have ample information to plan ahead on how you and your family will participate in the activities on that day. We also hope you will share with your friends that you think would be interested in joining you in this event. Help spread the news by clicking the share buttons on the blog posts – “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow” us on Twitter, “g+1″ us on Google+ or simply email your friends.